"Absolutely wonderful!!!Organization was excellent. The volunteers went over the top in all aspects. I felt safe, well protected and monitored at all times"
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Race to the Camera KBVCM Relay Team Video Contest Announced
If you were among the several hundred people who weren’t picked in the Key Bank Vermont City Marathon Relay Lottery but you still want a team, RunVermont has a contest for you! Have you dusted off that video camera, charged up the FlipCam or put batteries in your digital camera lately? Well, you better get on it!
This year we’re presenting our first annual RunVermont Run to the Camera YouTube Competition. This competition is a chance to showcase your creativity and energy as you explain why YOU deserve a 2-person or 3-5 person KBVCM Relay Team. The five videos with the highest number of views will be selected as finalists, with the one 2-Person Relay Team and one 3-5 Person Relay Team chosen by the RunVermont Marketing Committee.
How to Enter:
- Create your “Run to the Camera” video, sharing why YOUR team should win one of the relay spots – the funnier, the better! This can be done as cheaply (Camera phone, webcam, etc.) or as extravagantly as you like; do what you think will earn the most views, since that’s how you will become a finalist.
- Upload the video to your YouTube account. (Don’t have one? They’re easy and free to create here.)
- Send the YouTube link to Leandre for approval and posting. All videos will be approved as long as it doesn’t include any offensive or indecent content. RunVermont will keep a continual blog post updated with new approved links.
- Share your video with friends to increase your views and chances of winning! Hey, now you really have an excuse to be on Facebook and Twitter.
- Remember, YouTube only counts “unique views” so don’t think you can get away with sitting at home replaying your video over and over again.
- Keep up with the competition on Twitter, Facebook and here on the blog!
- The competition runs from February 8, 2011 to March 8, 2011.
- The top five finalists will be announced on March 9, 2011.
- The winning two teams will be chosen by RunVermont’s Marketing committee and announced by March 15, 2011
- Videos are limited to two minutes.
- Fans must have their own YouTube accounts to submit videos. All videos must have “RunVermont” in the title, and be tagged as “RunVermont”.